Enriching lives through music
Hello! My name is Barb Ennis.
I teach individual and group cello lessons in Salmon Arm to students of all ages, from preschool through retirement - and love it! I teach using Suzuki and Royal Conservatory repertoire, as well as other fun things! I am a registered Suzuki cello instructor, and use an individualized Suzuki method in children's lessons, and many of the Suzuki principals with all students. Parents of young children will learn the basics, too! You can find out more about me, my cello studio, and the Suzuki method by clicking on the different pages in the left side bar.
If you are interested in cello lessons for yourself or your child, or information about purchasing or renting a cello, please use "Registration" or "Contact" for email on the left to set up a free, no-obligation meeting. Now accepting applications for fall 2020. Beginners will start with a workshop in August - please contact me by mid-July if interested!
Even if your child isn't ready yet for lessons, I'd love to meet with you if you would like some head-start pre-cello ideas you can use yourself at home - no charge.
A few things I believe are important for your child's cello lessons...
• A love of music nurtured from a young age
• A patient, positive, supportive atmosphere in lessons and at home
• Parent involved with lessons and regular home practice
• Daily exposure to quality music (passive and active listening)
• Attention to proper technique from the beginning
• Being part of a music community
Benefits of Music Lessons:
• Encourages creativity
• Develops concentration, focus, self-control, memory
• Stimulates intellect, reasoning
• Gives knowledge of history through music
• Improves hand-eye coordination
• Develops fine motor skills
. Gives posture awareness
• Encourages aesthetic appreciation
• Music is a means for emotional expression
• Develops self-confidence
• Gives feeling of accomplishment
• Music is an outlet for spiritual worship
• Gives a shared activity with opportunity for communication
• Opportunity to perform for an audience
• Music is an international language
Organizational and Life Skills
• Teaches how to organize tasks, time and project management
• Develops problem solving abilities
• Gives experience in dealing with pressure
• Teaches giving and taking constructive criticism
• Teaches how to succeed
Evidence that musical training affects brain development of young children here.
Contact me to learn how to get the most from your free Music Teacher's Helper website if you register through the ad below!
(For multi-teacher studios get a 10% discount using this link: http://studiohelper.com/promo/A31EC6)